Attention Online Newsers, I’m looking for your advice on the difference between writing for print and writing for web.
Here’s some general standards in web writing that I think we can skip:
- Write short (or at least succinct)
- Write in scan-able text (using bolding and subheads)
- Include multimedia (although this isn’t really always necessary or correct)
But there’s a lot more that goes into writing for the web than including a YouTube video or link to another article in your blog posts. What are your thoughts?
- What makes writing for the web different than writing for print?
- Do you approach the different forms of writing differently?
- How do you explain the differences to others?
- What strategies have you used to get writers thinking in a web mentality?
Thanks for the help!